1.2436 Cold Work Tool Steel Description
The characteristics of die steels Germany DIN standard extra high toughness chrome steel, cold work die steels. It has high wear resistance and cutting edge keeping ability.
1.2436 is a German Cold work tool alloy steel material grade.it is shock resisting steel.
It belong to DIN 17350 standard. Digital Grade material number W-Nr 1.2436, Metal Steel garde X210CrW12. It is a die steel, use in extrusion moulds, Hot Cast moulds. like aluminium production, Aluminium cast mold.
Our Tool Steel material 100 % ultrasonic tested with good price. Small size steel products make by hot rolled, large size steel products make by forging.
(1) 1.2436 is a high carbon high chromium quality tool steel giving very high wear resistance and edge holding quality.
(2) 1.2436 is a air hardening alloy tool steel with excellent resistance to wear and abrasion.
(3) 1.2436 is a tool steel which has good through hardening properties and dimensional stability combined with high resistance to tempering.
Cutting tools for sheet metal thicknesses up to approximately 2 mm, paper blades,stone compression moulds, section rolling-mill rolls, deep-drawing tools.
Forging: Heat the 1.2436 tool slowly and uniformly to 700°C then more rapidly to 900/1050°C. After forging cool slowly, preferably in a furnace.
Annealing: Anneal 1.2436 at 800°/840°C and slow furnace cool. Hardness after annealing will be approx. 225 brinell.
Stress Relieving: If machining operations have been heavy or if the tool has an unbalanced section, remove stresses from 1.2436 alloy tool steel before hardening by heating up to 650°/700°C, equalise, then cool slowly.
Hardening: Pre heat the 1.2436 component slowly to 750/800°C and thoroughly soak. Continue heating to the final hardening temperature of 950°/980°C and allow the component to be heated through. Cool in air or quenching in oil.
Tempering: Heat uniformly and thoroughly at the selected tempering temperature and hold for at least one hour per inch of total thickness. Double tempering of 1.2436(Cold Work Die Steel) is recommended and should be carried out with intermediate cooling to room temperature.
Physical properties (avarage values) at ambient temperature
- Modulus of elasticity [103 x N/mm2]: 210
- Density [g/cm3]: 7.77
- Thermal conductivity [W/m.K]: 20.0, 20.5 (at 350°C), 24.1 (at 700°C)
- Electric resistivity [Ohm mm2/m]: 0.65
- Specific heat capacity[J/g.K]: 0.46
Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion 10-6 °C-1
Continuous Cooling Transformation (CCT) Diagram
Time-Temperature Transformation (TTT) Diagram
Tempering Temperature (°C) vs. Hardness (HRC)