Cr5Mo1V is a kind of high carbon, medium chromium, micro-deformed air quenching die steel and alloy tool steel.is a kind of high carbon, medium chromium, micro-deformed air quenching die steel and alloy tool steel.
China Grade: Cr5Mo1V
State as delivered: Spheridizing annealing Hb ≤230
Quenching: 940-960°C air cooling
Cr5Mo1V is an air quenching die steel with deep air hardening properties, which is extremely useful for complex dies where the shape must be maintained after quenching and tempering.
The deformation of this steel due to air quenching is about 1/4 of that of oil-quenched tool steels containing manganese series, and its wear resistance is between manganese type and high carbon and high chromium type tool steels, and its toughness is better than any other kind.
It is especially suitable for tools requiring good wear resistance and special toughness, and is widely used in blanking die and forming die roll punchesCalendering die and wire rolling die are also used in some types of scissors cold work die steels.
A2 steel is imported from the United States. It is one of the most widely used in class A air quenching steel, which is suitable for cold work die steels that require both wear resistance and toughness.
The steel is imported from the United States, with good air quenching performance, small deformation of air quenching size, uniform distribution of carbides, a certain impact toughness and good wear resistance.
The steel has good hardenability, which is extremely useful for complex molds where the shape must be maintained after hardening and tempering. The deformation of this steel due to air quenching is only 1/4 of that of oil-quenched tool steels containing manganese, and its endurance is between manganese type and high carbon and high chromium type tool steels. The toughness of this steel is superior to 9Mn2V and Cr12.
The spheroidizing annealing temperature of the steel ranges from 820°C to 860°C. The quenching temperature can not exceed 950°C while ensuring that more carbon and alloying elements are dissolved in austenite. The quenching cooling method should adopt oil cooling.
- C: 0.95~1.05
- Mn: ≤1.00
- Si: ≤0.50
- Cr: 4.75~5.50
- P: ≤0.025
- S: ≤0.020
- Mo: 0.90~1.40
- V: 0.15~0.50
- Air quenching die steel has deep air quenching hardening performance.
- High wear resistance, micro deformation, high hardenability, high compressive strength.
- Carbide distribution is more uniform than that of Cr12 steel.
(1) 800-850°C slow cooling (2) spheroidizing annealing process
Tempering: 180-220°C air cooled HRC =60-64 510-520°C air cooled HRC =57-60
The density of Cr5Mo1V steel is 7.84t/m3.The mass heat capacity at constant pressure is 460.55J/(kg·K).The modulus of elasticity is 203000MPa
Temperature (approximate) /°C
Cr5Mo1V Examples of Typical Applications
- Used for forming steel plate with carbon content of 0.65%~0.80%, hardness of 37~42HRC, the service life can reach 110,000 ~ 120,000 times.
- Used for forming the carbon mass fraction of 0.65% ~0.80% of the bullet steel, hardness 37 ~42HRC, and then additional nitriding treatment, the service life can reach 400,000 times.
- The steel is used for rolling die and can be used for processing aluminum alloy and copper alloy.
- Suitable for making good toughness, wear-resistant forming die, blanking die, cold punching die, etc.
- Widely used in blanking die and forming die, roll, deep drawing die.
- For some types of cutting tools.
- Used for making drill sleeves, punches, cutting dies and thread rolling dies, etc.
- for wear-resistant plastic mold, etc.